Thursday, February 12, 2015

We made the Newspaper!

2015 started very disappointingly.   Only five Guides returned from the holidays.   The following week, there were six and that is how it has stayed.   We decided to organise a "bring a friend/Open" Day just before Valentine's day.   Honey Bear (one of my helper mothers) took a lovely photo of the girls playing "Pile On"

I sent it to the Northeastern Tribune for their gallery with the girls names and also a short notice about our open day for their Community events.

They outdid themselves.   They combined my 2 submissions and made it an article, even adding to the information I had provided.   Thank you Staff Reporter.

http://northeasterntribune.co.za/147084/welcome-to-the-girl-guides/

As a result I have had 6 inquiries.   One was too old and one was too young and one was from a teacher in Soweto who wanted to bring her group of Guides that meet at a school.   The remaining three I am hoping to see today.

I realise that God is still in this Guiding game.   I thought He had called me to open the Rays of Hope Guides for their own sake and that Waverley was just a by product.    Perhaps it was only a stepping stone to taking over the Waverley Guides.   Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment