Friday, January 16, 2015

Packing up a Guide Company

I felt I was called to start the Rays of Hope Guide Company so it wasn't easy to close it.   I had prayed about it though and, as the 4th term progressed, fewer and fewer girls attended.  When on the last day only Samantha turned up, I felt at peace about closing the company.

It was only yesterday when I went to empty the cupboards at the hall that sadness crept across my consciousness.   I went through workbooks and was again impressed by what the girls had learned, their art work, the enthusiasm that shone through a lot of what they had done.   It was three years of my life and I don't think it was in vain.   I believe their time as Guides made a difference to at least some of the Guides and it certainly changed me.   As I looked through some of the photos of the girls, I realised how fond I had become of them.   I understand more about poverty and about the different ways different cultures think.  There will always be a place in my heart for the girls of the Rays of Hope Guide Company.




















No comments:

Post a Comment