Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine Open Day

At first I thought the whole thing was a flop.   On my way I got a Whatsapp excusing one of my regular Guides (Two had already excused themselves last week).   That meant we would have three plus any visitors.   At 5.15 we did have three but one was a friend that came with one of the regulars.   No sign of the 3 Newspaper girls.   But then I got a phone call from a lost mother and while we were still hoisting the flag, they arrived as well as our 3rd enrolled Guide..

We played learn name games and then went outside to play water-balloon splash.   It was hot and we soon dried.   As we were finishing off, another Newspaper girl arrived so we played one final round and then went inside to make woven valentine hearts and fill them with chocolates.   Halfway through that activity, the last Newspaper girl arrived.



It was now necessary to play a name game again.   This one involved hitting a balloon and calling somebody's name.   That person had to hit the balloon up before it touched the ground and call somebody else's name.




I think the girls had fun
and I hope to see them all again
next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment